Monday, April 19, 2010

OJB update.


Okay first off just let me get out, that the biggest loser doesn't refer to my weight loss this week. I'm exactly the same as last week once again. I even exercised everyday this week. I can't say I'm surprised, first it's that TOM for me, second my fitness choices are good, but I need to do something drastically different in my eating. I don't count calories...I hate numbers, even in my financial matters I DO NOT pay any attention to my bank account, no idea what's in there at this very moment, but it doesn't matter, because I only buy what I need. I don't spend money wastefully and so I always have enough. I'm a stay at home mom and my very "let's make a spreadsheet" husband calculated exactly how much I should need for: clothes (me and the kids), haircuts, gifts, groceries, entertainment, home items, beauty products, etc (oh and the cleaning lady too). I have $400 every two weeks for all that stuff and I never use a credit card, or go into overdraft. So I don't balance a checkbook, or watch what is left in my account at the end of the day. At heart I'm a minimalist, and even though I love to shop I put a lot of thought into something before I bring it home.

So that brings me to the biggest loser, I'm addicted, I've never seen the show before this season, so I downloaded every episode of the first 6 seasons...I'm almost at the end of season 2 now. Anyway a big part of their weight loss journey really depends on calorie counting. Suzie came on to predict the winner of season 8, and again now 9 by the way they manage money. Well if I could manage calories the way I managed money, only eat what I need, not what I want, I'd be doing great!

So I thought what if I became a calorie counter, just this week, if was given X calories per week that would be it, so I'm going to give it a try... I'll be back later with what my calories this week should be.

Okay here it is, I should eat 1,640 calories per day to get to 130 lbs by July 12, 2010.

Today I have ate 1,495 Calories. Under my limit by 145 Calories!
As for exercise: I burned 100 on the elliptical and did a 45 minute step/weight class.

So I'm going to give this a try to see how I do, this way I can eat whenever I want as long as I keep to the 1640 Cal/Day. It was painful today I wanted to quit already! It's not the being restricted that I mind, it's the calculating!

1 comment:

  1. Toni, I hated counting calories too... But I did for 3 months and it REALLY helped... Lost about 30lbs that way then went to intuitive eating, which I've been doing terrible with this week cause I'm soooo damn tired! Ugh! I bet that calorie counting for a week or two will do the trick.. sometimes your body just needs aclittle change, kwim? I've seen The Biggest Loser a couple times and it's definitely eye opening... I always wonder how many if them keep up the minimal eating & strenuous exercise after the show.... ?

    Good luck this week!! :)

    Ps - Amazing Grass is on the way! Bad week so I fell behind on everything..

    ReplyDelete