Monday, April 12, 2010

I once was lost, but now I'm found...


This is the theme of my week...I lost $900 in Canada Savings Bonds for my kids, and the memory card for my camera! With all these beautiful pictures of my kids. I took the card out to get pictures developed to scrapbook and then it disappeared. The Bonds were given to my kids from my parents at Christmas and we've been tearing the house apart looking for them.

I was talking to my mom about the bonds, trying to see if it was possible to get duplicates printed when I opened a drawer to put oven mitts away and saw an envelope peeking out I pulled it out, flipped it over and...tadda..the bonds for my son, further searching in the drawer uncovered the bonds for my daughter! Wow..what a relief. I said now if only I could find my memory card...welll the next day I pulled a sweater out of the closet and what's this in my pocket...the memory card! Hooray :)

My weigh loss this week was much like that too..Most people are weekend warriors, and they just exercise on their days off. But for me, exercising during the week is where it's at, and weekends are my break. It's not like I really want the break, it's just the way my life is set up right now. Anyway here are my numbers..

Last week vs this week:

Hips 39....today 39 (same)
Waist 30.7...today 30.7 (same)Upper Hips 36....today 36 (same)
Weight 141.6 lbs...today 140.6 (1lb less)

I feel lighter, my clothes fit better, but my numbers are all pretty well the same. I lost a pound, I really worked out hard last week. I'm sure I "lost" weight during the week, but then "found" it again with all my other stuff this weekend...that's okay it was worth it!!!!
I felt like I was in a Seinfield episode this week...do you remember "even Steven", well that was me. I even went to a mom's sale, got 4 bags of clothes, costumes, toys for the the kids (mostly clothes) for $35! Then I cleaned out the kids rooms to make way for the new stuff and I got $35 on Kijiji for it!

OMG...I just thought of another even Steven moment from the week! Volleyball! We're in 1st place. Over the year we've slowly worked our way up to the top, and week by week we'd get in an extra point here and there, to where we pulled in a comfortable lead. We were untouchable, with only a few weeks left in the season and on average earning 3 points per week, even if we didn't win every game there really was no way for the second place team to catch us. UNTILL...this week...we had to call 911 for one of our guys who was seeing stars...could barely walk, was dizzy and when he left so did his girlfriend (obviously) which left us with only 4 players vs 6. They were strong and we played hard, the games were close even with 2 players short, but we just couldn't win...we got ZERO points (Even Steven)...we still have a one point lead, but we really left the door wide open for the second place team to catch us!

Can't wait to see what this week holds!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. we're definitely living the same life, Toni! haha!! Glad you found the bonds & the memory card! I'd have been a wreck too! Eek!!

    And congrat's on the lb lost!! :) That's awesome!

    I love Seinfeld.. lol! My fave episode is probably the Elaine episode with "I can't spare a square" about the toilet paper! LOL!!!

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete