Saturday, March 27, 2010

McDonald's for lunch, not exactly "clean eating"



Breakfast: 1 french toast with pure maple syrup, 1 sm glass of "orange monster" (frozen bananas/mango, vanilla soy milk, passion fruit juice)

Lunch: McDonald's Chicken Caesar Salad and a small Chocolate milk. This lunch alone was a tone of calories and my salt intake for the entire day. I actually am the one who picked McDonalds, just because it's so fun for the kids, most restaurants have kid's menu's with bad food anyway, at least this way the get to run and play. I'm not a fan of McDonald's but they certainly have a smart marketing ploy to make if fun to go there.

Dinner: Hummus and veggies (carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, sugar snap peas) and a whole wheat pita (had to make up for the McDonalds lunch!)

I went grocery shopping today and my bill was so low! $63...I got a huge bag of ripe bananas for $1.70 and I peeled half of them and stuck them in the freezer for smoothies! Pineapples were only $1.99, I got a free 5 pack of juice boxes because I had a coupon from some cereal. My most expensive purchase was 3 beautiful lift the flap board books at 40%! They were each under $6 and will make terrific gifts!

No exercise today! Sat and Sun are my rest days...family time, we did go bowling with good friends. I could use a break, my left knee was sore this week, nothing major just a slight discomfort, I just don't want to ignore what could be a bad injury if I don't let it heal.

Off to drink some water...haven't had nearly enough today!

No comments:

Post a Comment