Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 1 in OJB

Okay so here is the challenge:

  1. This will be a 6 week challenge. I think this is long enough to see results & make it a habit!
  2. Check in every Monday with measurements, weight, & updates on your week. The good, the bad, & the ugly. Nobody is going to judge, we’re all here to support each other and do the very best we can!!
  3. 8 glasses of water a day! You can count unsweetened tea for this also, so long as its sugar/caffeine free.
  4. 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Minimum.
  5. Intense calorie burning high intensity exercise 3-4x week to get those results you want to see. I’m sorry, but honestly, 2 workouts a week won’t cut it.
  6. Ab/toning exercises 3-4x week.
  7. Avoid processed, fried, sugar laden, junk, refined foods as much as possible. This will make a *huge* difference in your health. If you want to know what difference it will make, my switching over to a clean diet combined with regular exercise allowed me to lose 50lbs in less than 6 months! I honestly believe that cutting the crap from my diet was the biggest & best thing I did for my health & weight loss!
And here are my numbers...
Hips 40.5"
Waist 34
Upper Hips 35.5
Weight 143 lbs
Height 5"7

Okay so that is like torture for me...not because I mind posting my numbers, but because I NEVER measure..EVER. However, in the spirit of this challenge set out by Carla I'm going to embrace my "numbers".

Looking at the list here are the things I will need to work on.

#3 Drink 8 glasses a day of water. I'm sure I'm dehydrated, I don't drink enough, luckily for me about the only thing I do drink is water, it's my beverage of choice, so I'll just need to get more of it.

#5 My meals are generally quite healthy. But it will be good for me to make sure I'm getting enough veggies and fruit!

For breakfast today I had steal cut oats with blueberries, coconut, and walnuts. Lunch hummus and whole wheat pita and an orange. Dinner was a fantastic Curry lentil quinoa soup that I totally recommend trying! (photo from Zesty Cook.com) a small slice of garlic bread and a quinoa power bar for dessert.


#5 and #6 Fitting in exercise is easy for me, I love to go to the gym and I love to play volleyball. I'm good already on frequency but increasing my strength training would help, and focusing on high intensity cardio would be good too. I can get distracted by chatting at the gym, time flies but I'm not putting my all in it when I'm talking during a workout. Today I went to a 45min aerobic class, at one point when the instructor had us do 10 squats with arm raises (and weights) and I literally laughed out loud when she said, "just 20 more" I couldn't believe she was serious! Who does 30 reps without a break? I wonder if I'll be feeling that tomorrow! But it's that kind of strength training and push that I need.

So whats the real problem...#7!!! In particular snacking. Once I put the kids to bed and finish with my busy day, I eat! At the worst time, and the worst foods. It's my downfall. I love to sit down to my favorite show, relax and eat all kinds of bad foods, processed foods, chips, ice cream, cookies, popcorn whatever. I'm pretty sure if I gave up tv I'd find it much easier, but I don't know if I can give up two vices all at once! It's like I feel entitled, I worked out, I can afford to eat whatever I want ...wrong! I know it's not good for me, and I know how good it feels to be 10 lbs lighter. I'd love to be 130 again, that's a perfect weight for me. I'd like to say that's my goal, but even as I type it I can't believe I could get there in 6 weeks. But you don't know until you try!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining the OJB Challenge, Toni!!! I think you could *TOTALLY* hit your goal weight in the 6 week period! Night snacking is my weakness too.. I try to just have a BIG cup of tea at night and nothing else. If I *REALLY* want a snack, I try to keep it to a pc. of fruit. That doesn't always happen however.. ;)

    Good luck! Looking forward in seeing how you do!

    ReplyDelete